Thursday 18 October 2007

Associate Projects - Hugo Glendinning Update 2

Things are beginning to fall into place for me, I shot the performance on Sunday and it was clear that the people who turn up specially to see Paul-André behave like an audience in a theatre - they usually sit down and stay still - they repress the urge to join in or to use their bodies to experience the choreography. While I got some nice things on Sunday, it seems to me that weekdays will be more productive than the weekends.

Having said that, I had quite a bad day today at 30x30. I don't think I was tuned in to it, perhaps it was just how it went but I really didn't get the best material. For some reason I didn't/couldn't see the things happening that connect the audience to Paul-André.

Can't tell you how irritating the cones and the DU ushers orange jackets are - maybe I kept thinking about that today rather than ignoring them as I did on the first day, but having seen them all over my pictures it is hard not to TRY to avoid them.